Sunday, June 22, 2008

Perfect water, a nice tan, and lots of appetizers

Yay, I did actually have work today! See, on Friday I called to find out if I was supposed to come in for training, and they said that I had orientation on Sunday. I told them that I'd already done orientation, but the gm wasn't there to double check, so they said they'd call me on Sat. I called them on Sat and they told me that the gm wasn't there, but that they'd get a hold of him and call me back. So finally they call me, and tell me that yup, I need to come to orientation on Sunday. I'm like, ok, but if I go in and you tell me that I don't need to be there then I'm gonna be pisses! I don't mind missing a day at the beach to work, but I do mind missing it for nothing.

So basically, I did start actual training today, which was good. We have to shadow someone every shift, which is kinda annoying, but whatever. It really does help. I shadowed the host for a bit too, and was happy to see that she talked to the servers a lot to make sure that everyone is all on the same page.

yup.

So yesterday was fun! I drove down to Port however you spell that, we'll just say Ventura for Marc's birthday. We went down to the beach and walked around for an hour or so, and it was just sooooo perfect that we had to go back to Muna's to get bathing suit's so we could swim. Then Marc and Sonrisa joined us and we went back and it was grand fun. I haven't been swimming in the ocean in ages.

ugh, I'm so tired.

Anyway. So yeah, we get back from the beach and hang out at the house (funny side story, I met Dani's boyfriend when I had just gotten out of the shower and my pants were in the dryer still (they had gotten all wet and dirty at the beach) so I just had my shirt and a towel wrapped around my waist, gotta love meeting people when you're half naked) and had dinner and it was all awesome. Marc and Sonrisa brought some really yummy red wine that I was sad I couldn't enjoy more since I had to drive back to Bakersfield.

Anywho.

I'm kinda sunburnt, but not bad. The kind where I know it'll be a nice tan.

Oh, another random side story- people at work kept commenting on how soft my hands are. It was weird.

Yup. I didn't sleep at all last night. I don't know why, I just didn't feel tired. It was annoying.

I think I'm gonna go take a nap.

No comments: