Wednesday, June 11, 2008

bloody iron!

I got bored today, so I went down to Houchin. It didn't exactly alleviate the boredom (they were pretty busy, so it all took longer than normal) but meh. I have a cool purple non sticky bandage thingie! woo! I think next time I'm going to go with green. :) I signed up for the marrow donor registry too, even though I'll probably never get called for it. Since it's inception only 1 of 200 people have been contacted for further testing, and that doesn't guarantee that I'd donate bone marrow. If I did get to though! That's be so fun! They'd fly me to wherever I need to go and pay for it all and yeah! Nifty! :)

So I'm O+. Not entirely surpising, seeing as how that's the most common type. Of course, that makes it one of the most needed, so yeah. I almost wasn't allowed to donate though, because my blood pressure was a little low (98/58 and 90/50 is the min) and I need more iron (I was 39, 38 is the min, and I dont have any idea what those numbers mean, but whatever). Actually, my heart rate was a little low too. I guess I was just really relaxed or something. :) I told the chick that it's cuz I didn't drink any coffee today.

So that's what I did today. Exciting stuff, I know! What'd you do today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got back from a job interview! And it's only 11, so I don't know what else I did today. Probably go get some lunch, and then play by the river with my baby and my hubby.

I should get on a bone marrow donor list...

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I finally got the new comforter set for my bedroom and am very happy.. Now all I need to do is paint. and by that, I'm going to hire someone, I think. Like Jeremy from the church.. Hopefully he'll be cheap, if not, I'll do it by myself when Chris is gone next time.
Alex had is last swim lesson today and I'm awaiting the photos to post to the blog.
And, today, I'm being very lazy about working. I have no motivation and no pep. I blame the swimming.