Monday, June 9, 2008

Busy, busy day!

Yay! For the first time in forever I was busy all day today! Granted, part of that was just cuz I'm an idiot, but whatever. It was nice to not sit on my ass all day, and it's even nicer to be able to enjoy it when I finally do get to sit down!

So my started with Abby calling me at about 11 to let me know that she'd be leaving Tehachapi soon so she can take me out for my birthday lunch. Very fun! We go to the new Flame & Skewers (who has had a NOW OPEN!!! sign out for at least a month) only to find out that it's not open yet. Fine. So instead I suggested Rubios, which was a good suggestion, as it was very yummy. Then we went to Cost Plus and wandered around there for awhile. Aiden liked the toy section (obviously) but was also really impressed with the mirrors, so that was fun. Then we went to Walmart so I could buy some shirts and socks for work, and some other Walmarty stuff that I needed. Then we went to Petco and I realized that I had forgotten to buy an iron and ironing stuff. D'oh!! So back to Walmart. (By the way, how does Google not know that Walmart is a word?) Anyway. So we come home and hang out here for a bit; Abby gave me some ironing pointers and Aiden terrorized that cats, and then they left. Oh! Somewhere in there CPK called to tell me that my orientation is tomorrow morning at 8! So exciting! So then I start looking for my passport. And then I look some more. And some more. And then I call Mom and Dad and tell them that I can't find my passport anywhere. I need it because I have to show proof of eligibility to work in the US and I don't have a social security card, so I needed to get my birth certificate from them.

Dammit!!

By now it's like 6. Matthew finally comes home (I guess they were really busy, he normally gets off at 3) and says that it might be in his room. We had to make copies of it for some reason that I don't remember so we think it's in there somewhere. We looked, but didn't find it, so I drove up to Tehachapi to get my BC, and then back down here.

When I got home I tried to iron my shirts. That took an hour. :) It was my first time! Matthew helped a lot, and the second shirt did go way quicker than the first, but still. Pain in the ass! I have nice crisp shirts with a crease in the sleeve though, yay! Hopefully they're good enough, but if they're not they'll tell me tomorrow. I'm sure I wont get in trouble, but Matthew's paranoid that I'm going to walk in and they're gonna be like "No, no no. That crease is all wrong. You're fired." Although, if that's the case, do I really want to work there anyway? I mean, I need the job, but I quit OG to get away from managers like that.

Anyway. It's about 10:45 and all I've had to eat is 2 street tacos and a side of beans and chips (complete with a drink for only $5! woo!), so I'm gonna go make some canned soup or ramen since that's all the food we have. Seriously. We don't have milk, bread, eggs, frozen dinners or pizza, veggies, meat, or butter. We do, however, have one can of tomato soup and a couple ramen packets. Man it'll be nice to be able to buy food. :)

So I'm gonna end this here, and I'll be sure to let you all know how work turns out tomorrow.

YAY!!! I have work tomorrow!!!!!! :):):):):):)

No comments: