Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day, big trees, and baptists

So I'm not at work right now. Obviously. Because if I was then I wouldn't be typing this. Of course, if I did go to work as originally scheduled, I'd be home by now so.... yeah.

The point is, I didn't have work today. The trainer had to cancel or something. So I might start training tomorrow. The manager promised that we'd start training this week.

We'd better.

Hmm.... Let's see...

So I had a really busy Father's Day. I drove up to Tehachapi to go to church and silly me, I got there at 10:50. It starts at 11. Supposedly. The only people there were Ian and Chris and they were just practicing for worship. So finally at 11:05 or so when a few other people have gotten there, Rachel and the kids arrive and she's like "Susie! Wanna get some coffee with me?" Sure! So we go get coffee, and come back, and sit down and wait a bit more, and then church finally starts. :) It was nice though. I like Gabe. It's kinda funny too, cuz everyone there knows everyone in my family, but they don't know me, so when I go grab Alex and start swinging him around I get a bunch of weird looks like "Who is this stranger grabbing random babies? Do we need to call the cops?" It's awesome.

So then I went over to Mom and Dad's and ate and that was fun. It was nice and warm out without being too terribly hot. Sitting with my body in the shade and my legs in the sun was perfect.

Sadly, I had to leave at 3. Of course, before I left I had to get my Father's Day present. Dad filled up my tank and greased my car doors so they wouldn't squeak anymore. Yay!! :)

I drove home and pulled into the parking lot and there's Matthew. He was all mad because I guess he didn't understand what I was saying when I called him before I left (and didn't bother to ask me to repeat it) and was annoyed that I got back at 4, when we were supposed to be at his sister's at 4.

Whatever. So we get in the car and leave, and then he stops by Osh. I mean, seriously? He's all annoyed at me for being late but we make a stop at the hardware store (he's trying to fix our facets, they need new washers but they're an old design so we can't find the right size)?

Whatever.

We get there at like 4:30, apparently just moments after everyone else got there. It was fun. We had yummy tri tip (even though I wasn't hungry cuz I'd eaten like an hour and a half before that) and canned beans, pasta roni, and a salad that was just lettuce, cucumbers, and croutons. All perfectly fine, but I liked the food at my parent's better. Well, mostly. I did really like the trip tip. But yeah. Then we played games, which I guess was a weird thing cuz his dad never plays games. We had him laughing so hard that he started crying though, which was grand fun. Then everyone else left, but Matthew was fixing Andrew's laptop so we stayed a little later. And then a little later than that. And then a little later than that. Jennifer was practically falling asleep and saying stuff like "Just fix it later or take it home or something!" and Matthew kept saying things like "I'm almost done! It'll just be another 5 mins!" We finally left at midnight. It was fun though. They had gone up to the sequoias on Sat and took some really great pictures. Jennifer is really photogenic. I think she thought I was just trying to be nice when I said that, but really! She is!

And so, that was my Father's Day. Pretty good considering how I'm a girl with no kids. :)

And I know, I've been bad at posting random pictures, so here ya go.

Bentley looks kinda weird in this pic. He actually had a very round face.

No comments: