Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Hypothetical situations, gross fingernails, and hypothetical sitations. Really. Hypothetical.

So my apartment flooded. We spent a night at the Hilton, which was fun. Kinda. Matthew still managed to be late, which is sorta hilarious. They dried the carpet, which was a nice first step, but we had to wait until today before they could clean it. Unfortunately, the mold is more in the walls and everything else than it is in the carpet, so our bedroom still smells REALLY bad (seriously, the turtles have nothing on 30 year old flooded mildew walls) so we're still sleeping in the living room. It makes it kinda tricky when he leaves for work at 6:30 and I'm still in bed. My computer is still in pieces, so I'm using Matthew's laptop. Oh, and speaking of which, let's just say, hypothetically, that you're apartment/house flooded and you have to use your significant other's computer. So you get on it to check your email, which happens to use the same site as his, so when you click on, for example, gmail, it logs him in automatically. Now, let's say, just for pretend, that you happened to notice an email from myspace that says "New message from *insert your sig. other's ex's name*" Wouldn't you click on it? And then, when you saw that it was an invitation to lunch, wouldn't you be interested in the rest of the SEVENTEEN MESSAGES OVER TWO MONTHS THAT HE NEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT? I mean, ok, so he wasn't cheating on me or anything, but I am still adamant that I didn't do anything wrong; all I did was the same thing that anyone would've done.

Hypothetically of course.

Cuz, it's not like any of this happened or anything.

*ahem*

In other news, news that actually happened, my fingernail is coming off. It kinda hurts. But they let me slide with the hole scraping under the nails thing during lab today, so that was nice. And work feels bad for me, so they've been buying my dinner. Not cuz of the nail, cuz of the flooded apartment. Umm.... I have all A's in my classes. Which I pretty much knew anyway, but I got the actualy percents yesterday. Yay for me.

Ummm..... We looked at apartments today, but that's always tricky and complicated when you're dating a crazy man. He whined that he didn't like any of the apartments that I had circled, expect the one that was already rented and wouldn't have another opening until Jan, so then I told him to find one, and then he whined about how he hates that he has to do all the work. grrs. I'm getting way better at managing his craziness though, so I was able to pause, take a breath, and come up with an alternative solution. Oddly enough, once I offer to do it exactly his way, he relaxes about it a lot, and then we can just do it the easy way. Which probably doesn't make any sense... I mean, ok, like he didn't even want to look at any of them because he thought the neighborhood might be bad, or it was too expensive, or whatever, but when I volunteered to call first, find out everything I can from them, go online to google street view (an awesome thing btw) so we can see what they look like, and even volunteered to make appointments that I had no intention of keeping, he was like "well, ok, we could just drive by this one and if it looks ok just go up to the office to talk to them," which was exactly what I trying to do in the first place.

There's a lot of reverse psychology that goes on when dealing with Matthew.

I guess that's about it. We're just doing what we can to deal with the current living situation, Matthew's trying to find a new job, I'm working and going to school. Life.

No comments: