Friday, December 19, 2008

awkwardity (I can make up words), loud bass, and nonexpired milk

I feel very accomplished today. I tend to put off chores until the very last minute (why is the "t" and the "y" button sticking? That's really annoying) so today, it is unfortunately the last minute. I called about another apartment (I decided that the one I looked at yesterday was just too small for how much they were charging) and liked it much better, so I went ahead and applied for it. It's a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with a garage and hookups that's off of Ming and Akers, so still in my general neighborhood, but it's not a huge complex, which is nice. The only bad thing about it was that when I went to look at it the downstairs were playing some rap so loudly, and with the bass turned up so high that I could understand every word they were saying while inside the apartment (it's upstairs), and I could feel the floor vibrating through my feet. I asked them about that and they said they'd take care of it though, so that's good. And anytime they do it while I am living there (if I do move there) just call them and they'll send someone by to have them turn it down.

So that's good. Hopefully. I really hate my current apartment. Between the flooding, the roaches and the pot smoking 8 year olds I really feel like it's time for a new place.

Besides, it's weird living somewhere that you used to live with your ex, but he's gone now. Kinda weird. It'd take way too long before I stopped thinking of the other room as "Matthew's room."

Then after I did that Mom called and we went to Mama Roomba's where I had a fabulous Cuban pork sandwich and some sweet potato fries. Yummy. :) Of course, since I ate it with 2 cups of coffee there was no way I could actually finish it, so I have a half a sandwich to eat tonight when I get off work, unless I end up going to a party at some girl's house from school. Well, I guess it's actually her ex's house, where she doesn't live anymore, and he's not invited, so she's kicking him out? Or something? It all sounded very strange, but whatever. She turned 21 on Thursday, which was fun, cuz that was when we had a midterm and someone brought cake for her, so we got to take our test while eating yummy chocolate cake. woohoo!! :)

I didn't do quite as well on my midterms as I'd hoped, 87 on one and 82 on the other, but I suppose that's still ok.

At least I passed.

And I did way better on the second on that the smart guy behind me (Ian's twin) did.

Not that I'd gloat or anything.

heeheeheee

And THEN, after food we went to Goodwill to kill some time before Mom had to go back to jury duty, and then I went to the bank to make sure I had money in there so I could go grocery shopping, which I did, but then I got home I realized I had no counter space or anything, so I had to do some dishes and take out the trash.

And now I"m gonna take a shower and then I'll go to work.

And then maybe to a party.

But maybe not.

I dunno. A bunch of drunk 20 year olds doesn't really interest me much.

2 comments:

The Loss Adjuster said...

Pot smoking 8 year olds?

Susannah said...

Yeah, my mom pulled up to my complex and watched as a little kid jumped off the bus and pulled out a joint. *shakes head* She yelled at him (she's a teacher), but it didn't do much good.