Thursday, July 31, 2008

WoW, Fruit Flies, Carpet, and Inconsiderate Dryer Stealers.

"Hey Susie, while you're doing laundry tomorrow would you be able to do my whites?"

"Why, sure Matthew! I'd love to! After all, I'll be doing laundry myself, so I might as well help you out too."

*sigh* I'm doing 5 freaking loads of laundry. I'm pretty sure Matthew has more underwear than I do.

eh, oh well.

The trick in this complex is that you have to do laundry in the morning, otherwise it's a fight for the dryers, which there never seem to be enough of, despite the fact that there are 3 more dryers than washers, and there's always enough washers. I think it's cuz people put 2 loads in the washer, and then put them both together in the dryer, so they don't get dry, so then they seperate them and dry them again. Matthew's too "nice" to take people's clothes out of the dryer and put them on the dirty counters that are in there, but I'm not. I wont take them out if they're still wet, but if they're dry, and especially if they've cooled off, and I need the dryer, sorry random person who couldn't be bothered to get your ass down to the laundry room to get your clothes, other people actually do need to use "your" machine.

I tend to get all riled up about it, so I just do it in the morning, when there's not as many people down there.

:)

Umm.... yes. Matthew finally put the carpet back down in our room cuz it hasn't flooded for several months.

Which means that it's going to flood tomorrow.

I don't work until 6:30 tonight, and then I close. It's kinda weird. I mean, the rush usually starts at like 6, and then is over by 7. So when I get there at 6:30, half of my tables will have been picked up by someone else, and then I'll get triple sat, and then I'll be bored until they phase everyone, and then hopefully I'll get more than a couple tables at once.

I'm shooting for $75 tonight. That sounds reasonable, right? I'll work for about 5 hours.

Hmm....

I know I've been bad about pictures lately. The problem is that I've pretty much posted all the pics that I'd want to that were already on my computer, so if I post any more than I need to actually take them, and I"m kinda lazy about that. Shocking I know.

I really should take more pics of my baby though, he's getting a lot bigger. He's probably an inch long now. Which he should, at the rate he's eating fruit flies. I even moved up to the bigger flies (I have 2 species, one smaller and more prolific (melanogaster), and one bigger and slower (hydei)).

Matthew ran me through the Stockades yesterday. Which was nice, I really did need to do those quests, and I got a lot of XP, but I hardly got any gear. The only thing I got that I actually use is a belt, and all the green items that I got (not a single blue) were only worth a couple gold. The other one we did was way better. I'm still using my gear from then, even though that was like 10 levels ago. My weapons give me at least 3 dps more than any other weapons I've gotten since then.

Meh.

1 comment:

Chris Newkirk said...

I had to do laundry yesterday in the hotel and Jim and I shared the dryer. Our chonies were mingling.

Hmm...not sure how I feel about that...