Monday, August 4, 2008

My 5 Most Annoying Dreams

So sometimes I go to bed and I have lovely, fun dreams that put me in a great mood when I wake up. And then sometimes I have dreams that are just, quite frankly, annoying. They bug me and I really wish they'd stop. So here they are.

5. To start with, there's the "Everything in my life is going perfectly, until I wake up" dream.
You know, you dream that you won the lottery and the boy of your dreams is madly in love with you (and actually, you know, wants to marry you) and then you wake up and realize that none of that actually happened. It's kinda a bummer.

4. The "I'm really thirsty but no matter how much I drink I'm still thirsty!" dream.
I get this one when I actually am thirsty, so I feel thirsty, but because I'm only dream drinking water, it's not helping. This one drives me crazy. It's actually the one that prompted this entry. I dreamt that I drank gallons and gallons of water, and then iced tea, in an attempt to sate my thirst. It didn't help. Then I woke up, and actually got some water. So that was good.

3. Work.
Seriously, who wants to work a full shift during the day, and then go to bed and work all night, FOR FREE?? Not cool.

2. The "Almost Awake So You Can't Really Move" dream.
This one drives me crazy. I usually get it in the morning, when I'm almost awake, so I can't open my eyes in my dream because that would make me open my eyes in real life, and since I'm asleep I don't really have control over my real body, or I can't move my arm, or run very fast, etc. It's really annoying. I'm sure you all have gotten it at some point or another. This is usually when I try to just wake myself up. Which sometimes leads to the worst one of all!

1. The most annoying dream EVER!! Dreaming that you're waking up, but then not waking up, over and over and over and over and over and over again.
GAH!!!! This one has honestly brought me to tears in pure frustration. I keep dreaming that I woke up. I'll get up, walk to the bathroom or whatever, and then realize I'm still asleep, at which point I'm immediately back in bed, "waking up." Sometimes this will repeat dozens of times. The problem is that I'm too awake to actually fall back into a deeper sleep, but not quite all the way awake. I live in fear of this dream. When I do finally wake up, I have to get up. It doesn't matter if it's 5 am, I'll get up. I'll get on the computer for a bit, or read for a bit, and if it's still early I might try going back to bed, but maybe not. Depends on how many times I "woke up." Usually after I have this dream is when I take my sleeping pills before I go to bed again. Cuz I don't dream at all when I'm drugged.

So, do any of you have annoying dreams?

6 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

As well as the thirsty dream, how about the one where you have to pee, but the toilets are full to the overflowing? Am I the only one who dreams this? It is the worst during the dream, but at least I get to wake up and use the toilet, which is perfectly clean and not overflowing...

RN said...

That is crazy that you posted about dreams cause I usually am not a big dreamer but for the last four nights i have been having the worst dreams that leave me feeling like crap when I wake up and then I feel like crap all day, then I have to force myself not to be crappy cause there are these three kids that kinda of depend on me and spurt out enough crappiness for everyone.
So ya, anyway my worst dreams are my reality becoming all my worst fears... confrontations with my mom, Emma getting bitten by a dog that has teeth like a shark
Yeah stuff like that.

Chris Newkirk said...

Usually dream number 1 happens to me when my alarm is going off. I get up and turn it off, but it still rings. Then I realize that I'm still sleeping. By the 5th time or so I am so frustrated that I literally rip the alarm out of the wall and smash it to millions of tiny pieces, but it still rings. It's awful.

I've tried to explain it to Lacey, but she's never had this dream. I was beginning to think I was the only one...

RN said...

I have the waking dream, but it usually takes me longer to realize that i'm still asleep, I'll go through morning routines then say "wait this is not right" and try to wake myself, only to awaken to another crazy dream world... ugh. Then theres the pee dream. Oh yes, only my toilets are not overflowing (cause what do I care?), My pee just doesn't stop, or circumstances prevent me from getting to go, and when I do get to go I end up peeing on walls, people, my feet, everywhere, someone I don't know is usually trying to watch... double ugh. -- thanks for the cool dream blog sooz -- Ian

Susannah said...

lol, Ian I totally read that like it was Rachel writing it, and I'm like "wait, how does Rachel pee on walls?"

CarGate said...

So I've only had a few of the really annoying dreams. Namely, the one where I am losing all my teeth and I have a mouth full of loose teeth. That just feels weird, and you can feel it in your dream. Anyway apparently that is just a stress related dream.
Then I get the ones where all of a sudden someone you haven't seen since grammar school or whatever shows up in your dream so you wake up and they're on your mind all day...that's annoying. Must be some deep seeded psychological issue ;)