Wednesday, August 27, 2008

coffee, mantella nigrican, and insomnia

Sorry, no pics this time.

So it's been awhile since I posted. Almost a week! Now, I realize that many of you go much longer, but I usually dont. I guess it's just been a little crazy around here, what with weddings and work and Matthew. Last night we went to his dad's house for a goodbye dinner for his sister. She's moving to Phoenix on Sunday. She invited us over to help her move on Sat. Matthew doesn't want to go, but if I get off work in time I'm going to insist on it. I mean, she's his sister! And she's moving to a different state! He should help. And then maybe, hopefully, he'll realize that moving isn't really that bad, and we'll finally move. That'd be good. I seriously hate this place.

I'm selling at least one of my frogs. The nigrican. Which is the rarest of the frogs I have, but I only have the one, and feel like anyone who has them should be breeding them. It feels like I already wrote about this though... I think the last time I did I was just saying that maybe I'm selling it, now I definitely am. I'll set the starting price at $50, but will accept whatever. Hell, there's a few people who I'd give the frog to because I know they would breed it and take excellent care of it and all that. The main problem is that I need to be feeding these guys pinhead crickets, which would either take a few hundred dollars a month, or me culturing them myself. I wouldn't mind culturing them, but setting it up would be kinda expensive (like $50, not bad, but a consideration), and very noisy, which Matthew would never like. Not to mention they smell bad unless you're very good about cleaning it daily, which I don't think I would be.

Anywho.

I'm drinking coffee. It's decaf, which is good cuz that means that I can actually drink it without any negative effects. *ahem* Of course, it doesn't really wake me up either. But I guess that's ok. It still tastes good.

I've had insomnia for a couple weeks now. It's kinda driving me crazy. It's hard to be in a good mood when you haven't had a good night's sleep in forever. The night before last I did manage to get a couple hours in, but that wasn't nearly enough. I keep staying up until I'm exhausted, going to bed, not being able to fall asleep easily, then when I finally do I wake up again, then in the morning I wake up early and am still too tired to get up, but cant' sleep either. It's really very frustrating and all my sleeping pills are expired so I don't really want to take them. Oddly enough they get stronger as they expire, so I have to be super careful with them, otherwise I'll sleep for 12 hours straight, and that really doesn't make me feel any better than not sleeping.

ugh.

I love my purple coffee mug. My friend Erin gave it to me for my birthday one year. It was kinda a last minute thing, I think she got it at Albertsons, but it's a perfect mug. It's got a good handle, the rim is the right size, it's narrow enough to hold easily with one hand, but wide enough that I can use both hands if I want, perfect! I know Mom understands the importance of a good coffee mug.

I have to work tonight. I've had the last two days off, which was kinda nice, but meh. I do like that I'm making good money. Actually I still just plain like that I'm getting a paycheck.

Anyway. I'm gonna go back to my coffee and tv.

And I need to iron my shirt.

2 comments:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I take Melatonin (sp?) from Trader Joes. Have fun at work.

Anonymous said...

And you can get 25mg benadryl from the Kaiser pharmacy (you don't have to be a member to shop their OTC stuff) and it's only about $5 for about 100...and it works. Mom