Friday, July 4, 2008

Ok, so maybe I'm not dying

I seem to be a little better today. I've been coughing a lot, but today hasn't been quite so bad. And today when I've coughed I haven't had to run to the bathroom to spit out the crap that came up. ick. Anyway.

So I know some of you (Muna, Mom) have been wondering about the test. I guess I just assumed that you would all assume that I passed. I did have to take a couple parts over again (one pizza, the names of the wines we tried the last time, and the part where it said things like "Pepperoni" or "Thai" and we had to know what the customer could've meant), but that only took like 10 mins and I'm officially done with training. I have my first scheduled shift next Friday, but he said he'd put me at the top of the list of people to call in case someone wants the shift off. So we'll see.

Matthew gets off work early today and we're gonna go up to Tehachapi. Mostly it's just to get away from this complex. This is not the place you want to be today. Unless you're feeling homicidal and looking for a new victim.

Umm... yup.

Oh!

Matthew and I put new brakes in our cars yesterday. Despite the fact that we were both told that we need new brakes some time ago, both were ok. I mean, they did need to be changed, but mine were called a "road hazard" even though they were only halfway worn down, and I was told that a few months ago, and Matthew was told that his were credit card thin, over 6 months ago, and now one was close to be credit card thin, but the others were all still ok. So, note to self- don't believe people when they insist that you need new brakes. But! The reason why this is so exciting! I did my car myself! mostly. He did most of one of the brakes because they're designed a little differently that what he's used to, but once he figured it out I did the rest, and I did the right tire all by myself. Yay! Matthew, who is on some kind of photography spree, insisted on taking almost 100 pictures of me doing the brakes. It was kinda annoying. And distracting. But whatever.

Ugh, the stupid laundry room doesn't open until 9. At least, I'm hoping it opens at 9. It's not open now anyway, and I can't believe that it'd be closed until 10.... meh. It's too hot in Bakersfield to be out and about during the day, I'd like to get it done as early as possible.

meh.

No comments: