Thursday, July 17, 2008

So scared, So Sad, So Happy!!

So a couple days ago I got attacked by a giant killer spider. It was horrible. IT WAS ON MY SHOULDER RIGHT NEXT TO MY FACE!!!!!!!!! Horrible. Apparently I am just as afraid of spiders as I used to be. I screamed (made Matthew and all the kitties jump), and jumped back about 5 feet, all while wiggling my arm and shoulder to get the evil beast off of me. Then Matthew came to my rescue and killed it, and then got the vacuum and sucked up all the spiders in the frog room.

Matthew is my hero.

So one of my female geckos has been sick. The one who got out. Yeah, she died today. :( I set up a temporary tank for her, and got some special food, but it was too little, too late I guess.

:(

But then!!! As I was mourning her loss! I looked over and saw that the sand in the little mini incubator I set up in my regular gecko tank was all messed up!!! And then I saw the egg shell!!! And then the brand new baby gecko!!! EEEEEE!!!!!! Finally, I have what looks like a healthy baby animal!! So I cleaned out the dead gecko's tank and moved the new baby one in there. And then tossed in a couple fruit flies. Yay!!! So we'll see. I've heard that the babies can be kinda tricky to care for, so I'm gonna go do a bunch of research. I didn't take any pics cuz I didn't want to stress it out too bad. I'll try to get some in a couple days. It's about as big as a fingernail. Tiny little thing. :)

Oh, see, you have to keep in mind too, that these geckos have been laying eggs ever since I got them, I've counted over 20 eggs, but this is the first one to hatch (and not get eaten), so that's part of why I'm so excited. I didn't think any would hatch unless I set up an actual incubator.

Yay!!!

Maybe this one is the dead gecko's baby? I think I'll say it is. It's just nicer that way. I mean, yeah, kinda morbid, the baby was born on the day that the mom died, but still. At least this way she gets to live on!

Until the baby dies. Which I hope doesn't happen.

Anyway, I'm leaving now.

Really.

Yay for me!

3 comments:

CarGate said...

Yes a birth following a death. Must complete the circle of life!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Hi. I haven't left for Yosemite yet. Will be leaving in the morning. The Dr. told me to go.. So, you can still come on the same days. Fri. & Sun. I'll be home sometime Monday.. Thanks and I'm trying to pick up the house, but you know how that goes..

Lacey :)
Feel free to come do laundry or whatever..

jennifer newkirk said...

So now do you have a NEW worst thing ever? Spider on the shoulder?