Sunday, July 20, 2008

geckos, breaks, and losing weight

Last night as I was cashing out my manager said that he'd heard a rumor about me. I was a little worried. What could people be saying about me? Am I about to get fired? He said that he'd heard that I don't like to work days. *whew* I said that no, it's not that I don't like days, it's just that I prefer nights. More money, more hours (which means more money), sounds good to me! So he said ok, that's fine, cuz he just wanted to make sure that I like my schedule. Apparently the managers were all talking about the new people and they said that they're really impressed with me. What??? Seriously?? He could tell that I was very surprised to hear that and asked me why. So I told him that I was having a little trouble adjusting to having so many tables at once and kinda felt like I was going crazy whenever I have 5 or more tables, or if I mess up. So he told me that if I ever feel like that again then I need to tell him because it means that he's not doing enough for me.

So I guess that's nice? The managers like me and want to help, which is good. I laughed and said that I just wasn't used to people being nice to each other at work. I hadn't realized until I started working there, but people at OG were very mean to each other, and completely unwilling to help anyone else out.

Anyway.

Yesterday was Matthew's mom's birthday, so we had a little party at Jennifer's house. I had to leave early cuz of work (it's still so nice to say that, I have to work.. ah.... :)) so that kinda worked well. It was a typical Matthew's family get together. A couple of her friends came over too. One of them recognized me as having served her at OG, and the other was at CPK when I was doing training and recognized me as the girl watching the cooks. Which is kinda funny.

Oh! Last night! I introduced myself to a table and the woman there was like "Oh hey, you (her son) were going to be named Susannah if you were a girl! Yup, you were going to be Susannah Joy." I was like "Oh my God, I'm Susannah Joy!" She didn't believe me! She thought that I was lying! I'm like, No! Really!!!

It was awesome.

So I've been trying a couple new things with my legs. I got some Nair and used that one my left leg, and then waxed my right leg. The wax didn't work too well. I mean, it did, but only kinda. It pulled out the bigger hairs, but left all the finer ones there. And the little kit that I got came with 8 wax strips, which really wasn't enough. I used each strip 3 times and still had to use 4 of them just for one half of one leg. The Nair worked pretty well though. It still itched, although not as badly as shaving, and it was way easier than shaving. I think I might keep using it.

CAMPING IN THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kinda sad that Mom and Dad are coming home soon. I like using their car. And I will have you all know that I've been taking very good care of it, and very good care of their mugs (which they specifically asked me not to break, as if I've ever borrowed their car and broken anything). They'll even get it back with more gas in it than when they gave it to me!

So I've lost 6 pounds! Yay!! Only 20 more to go... ugh. :)

Ummm... yes. My gecko is doing well. He's not really eating much yet, but that's normal. They don't tend to eat heavily until a week or so after they've hatched. I think I'll take some more pics tonight or tomorrow.

I need to go by Chris and Lacey's again tonight too. I went on Friday, but I didn't have much time so I didn't water as much as I normally do. Tonight I'll be able to water more. I have an early dinner shift tonight, so I'll get out earlier, which will be nice. I keep working late shifts; which ends up being like 7 and a half hours, with no breaks at all. I'm not quite sure how that's legal, especially cuz we sign a paper every day that says that we took 2 tens, but whatever. I don't get 10s or 30s. I thought you had to have a 30 if you work more than 6 hours?

Whatever. I don't mind particularly. I mean, I like 30's cuz then I get to eat, but 10s are just obnoxious. They totally interrupt everything you're doing. Sometimes it can take an hour to get back into the swing of things. (And hour is about how long it takes for all your tables to turn)

Ok, well, I'm gonna go play some more neopets. It's the finals in the Altador Cup and we're playing Roo Island, who we've never managed to beat at YYB, so I gotta play a lot. If we don't win this game we can't win the cup, and that's just not acceptable.

No comments: