Monday, July 7, 2008

Rogues do it from behind

Hi.

I'm bored. The internet wasn't working this morning, and I knew that all I had to do was unplug and then replug something.... but I didn't know what. Matthew has a LOT of wires around his computer. It's crazy. So I had to wait until he went on break so he could call me and tell me which one. Which he did. And now it works. Obviously.

Yesterday Matthew and I went to dinner at Jennifer's house. That was fun. I'm starting to look forward to our dinners over there. And of course, they're moving. To Phoenix. Matthew's sad. Apparently their church is doing some big fast thingie for two weeks and his mom was trying to figure out what she could fast on, while still being able to celebrate her birthday (which is on Sat, 1 day before the fast is supposed to end). She decided that what she'll do is fast sugar or something like that, and then just postpone her birthday celebration. It seemed kinda silly to me. Isn't the point of fasting that it's a sacrifice? And if you just rearrange your schedule so that you're not sacrificing anything is there any point at all to fasting?

Whatever. I already knew that I disagree with his mom about pretty much everything relating to religion/spirituality. And that nothing that I say or do will ever change her mind about anythign, so there's not point in even arguing.

Hey! It says that anythign is spelled wrong! Last time it didn't!

Weird......

Anywho.

So Matthew and I went up to Tehachapi for the Fourth. Minor drama as we were leaving aside, it was fun. The kids were way more into the glowsticks than the fireworks, and we couldn't figure out what station to set the radio to, but it was still fun. Ian made yummy chicken and we played lots of Apples to Apples and sat on the porch enjoying the very nice evening. Of course, the combination of talking and laughing and smoke and alcohol meant that I was coughing so badly I couldn't breathe half the time, which sucked. I'm getting better though. I've coughed maybe twice today.

yup.

I really need to load all those pictures that Matthew has taken of me. There's like 100 pictures on my camera and I know you all want to see them, well, at least, you want to see more than just words here, but eh. I think I'm just gonna go play some WoW.

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I wish we had gone to Teh. for the 4th instead of the beach.. It was crowded and crazy.. It was hard on Alex too. No Alex don't touch that, stay out of the street, no dog poop, no fire, hot, come back here.. And Alex's response to everything was, no no no no nooooo no no no nnnnnoooooo.. He says it clearer than any other word.. It's pretty amazing.. I suppose he'll teach the new baby how to say it too when the time is right.. Maybe earlier just for my listening pleasure.. Glad you had fun.. Love to both of you..