Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Smart and Witty blog

Ok, it's not really, so whatever, I'm a liar. Get over it.

I keep trying to turn in an application at Elephant Bar (I've done one online, but not in person yet) and they keep telling me to come back tomorrow. It's getting kinda annoying. I guess it's worth it if they give me a job, but if not then they're just taking away time that I could be using at someplace that's actually going to hire me. I guess CPK is desperate for servers right now, so I applied there, but it was one of those group interviews, so I don't know how well I did. She said that if they liked me I'll get a call in a couple days. Since I was the only one with experience (and that was the second question, after "What's your name and what are you applying for?" so I'm assuming that that's important) I'm hopeful. Well, kinda. It's hard to be hopeful after this long, which sux because I like being an optimistic type of person, but that's getting to be really difficult.

Although Matthew did find my gecko. That was pretty amazing. The thing that you guys have to understand is that she was lost in his room. His room only has about 2 square feet of floor, the rest is taken up by his bed, cloths, trash, my old bunk bed, and all sorts of junk. So there were TONS of places a little 3 inch long gecko could hide.

Apparently at SJVC at 2.5 high school GPA is good. lol. When I gave her my transcript I said that I was sorry because I know I don't have the best looking transcript (sorry to be redundant) and she was like "No, no! This is good! You're one of the strongest candidates we've had!" Which makes me a little concerned. Oh! Mom! I asked her what the success rate is for people in that program who get a job, and it was 94% last year, so that's good. :)

Although I'd probably be that 6%.

grrs.

Anyhow. There was something that I wanted to talk about it here....

hmmm.....

*thinking*

Crap, I can't remember. Oh well.

Here's Matthew camping!


He wasn't very happy.

He doesn't like camping.


Now... Let's see... What question can I think of?

Oh! I know! What's your most favorite game? I like games! Me and Matthew played Monopoly a couple times, but then he wouldn't play anymore (this is over 2 weeks btw, we didnt sit down and play for hours or anything) so then I played against myself. And I LOST! I was pissed. Matthew says there's something wrong me.

3 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

I play Scattergories with myself at night when I can't sleep. I think of categories like... (my favorite because I'm getting so good at it) US cities and then think of a city for each letter of the alphabet. I sometimes cheat a little, like for X and Q ( I use Exeter and Quebec City) but i always win. And my mother says cheating is fun...

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I hope you get the job at CPK. We like to eat there. The Elephant Bar is SOOOO loud.. but also has good food.

Games: Confession! I don't like to play games. Sorry Newkirk family.. It's just not my thing and I have to force myself once a year in Tahoe to do it. Sometimes I skip a year. I did play last Feb and had some fun, I think it's all the yelling I can't take. Anyway, but if I HAD to choose, I like Scattergories as well, but really I like playing GIN.. With either you Susie or Bridget, but seriously no one else... Sorry people.

Have a lovely day. I have to have lunch at Olive Garden today. Photo people.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Scrabble. My husband doesn't like to play it with me very often, so he sucks.

Other than that, I don't really like board games. I'll play them every once in a while, but I don't choose them. I also like to play "Where's Tyler?" which is a lot like Hide and Seek.

I'm such a mom.