Monday, May 12, 2008

I might think of a title later

Or I might not. We'll just have to see.

And if the above statement made no sense it's because as of me typing this the title is "I might think of a title later," and I guess I did.

But I'm still thinking that I wont, and then the above explanation will have been all for nothing.

Anyway.

So Mother's Day was ok for me. We went out to Mexicali's and I just got an enchilada and coffee and it was all fine. They were really empty though, which is weird. When we walked in at 6 there was no wait at all. We had a reservation, but they could've seated us all right away anyway. Despite how slow they were, the service still wasn't great, but we tipped well because Matthew's mom was making very annoying jokes like "Ha, there goes your tip!" and when asked if we need anything else "I need some money! Go get me that!" to which the server laughed graciously and very smoothly snuck away. ugh. To be fair, those kind of jokes only irritate me because I heard them sooooo often. Trust me people, when you make really bad jokes like that to your server, they are not laughing with you. They are laughing at you and trying really hard to not be rude. So just don't do it, K? K.

Then we went and hung out at Matthew's sister's house. I guess one of his sisters is having a bit of a fight with his mom, so she didn't join us at all, which was too bad. I was surprised because Matthew's mom actually brought up my frogs at one point and listened and seemed interested in what I was saying. I know she really doesn't care about it, but it was nice of her to pretend. :) I tried to keep it short and not use any technical terms.

So I gave in an ordered crickets online today. They're way cheaper that way, sorta. The shipping costs a lot (like $20) and there's usually plenty of dead ones when they do arrive, but I ordered 1,000 and as long as I use at least 400-500 I should still be saving money. And I'm excited because I got a cricket funnel, which I had been wanting for a long time. I don't mind touching the crickets with my hands, but when I had to feed several of them at one time, it's just quicker to be able to scoop them up. (A cricket funnel has a square top so you can scrape the bottom and sides, and a little vial at the end to collect them all in)

Anywho, I think that's about it for today.

Well, except for this picture!

Aww, two little babies getting to know each other!

No comments: