Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Matthew is a hero!!!

He found my gecko today!! Well, ok, Sasha did first, but he realized that she was all freaked out because there must be a gecko! See, she would not stop sniffing and batting underneath the bed, even when he slammed his hands down on it, which normally scares the kitties and makes them run, but she didn't run!! And then when he picked her up her eyes were all big and excited!! So he looked, and he saw a gecko! Yay!!!! She's really skinny, but when I put her in the tank with a couple crickets she immediately ate one. I purposefully didn't put many in there, because I don't want her to gorge and get sick, but yeah! Yay! I thought she was dead! She lasted over 2 weeks, I don't know if that's because she was eating roaches and earwigs, or because she was nice and fat and healthy when she escaped, but Matthew is a hero.

:)

So when was the last time you were a hero?

6 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Did he pick it up or did he call for you? Hmmm, heroic...remember when I caught the runaway horse on the truxtun bike path? Gita should...

RN said...

I am a hero every day. I break up fights, stop tears, make smiles and laughter happen, assure four people that they are tremendously loved and keep my sanity through it all. I am so glad that your gecko is not trying to survive in your apartment without your daily supervision and care. Yeah

RN said...

Susie you have the best blog, besides my wife's (she totally has way more profile views than you) but I like how you write exactly the way you talk... or do you talk exactly the way you write? hmm... wrap your brain around that one. IAn [longlostbrother]

Susannah said...

Mom- Oh yeah, I remember that horse. That was kinda scary! And sad! Poor horsey. And he actually did pick it up, although he asked me if he could first (he was afraid it would bite him, silly boy)

Rachel- yup, sounds like a hero to me! Go Rachel!

Ian- Thanks! This is pretty much what's constantly running through my head. I remember when I was in 7th grade I had a teacher compliment me because I write dialog really well. I was kinda confused, I mean, that's the easy part!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

this family is funny!

Yes, you spelled her name right. good job..

I sent you an email, did you get it? on gmail...

Thanks to your blog, I now know how to spell Yah, not Yeah.. I've been saying the wrong thing all this time.. Thanks for setting me straight even when you didn't know you were.. I'm the worst at spelling..

In case you didn't get the email and you get this first, Linda is going to watch Alex, so you're off the hook and free to visit people. Have fun. Love Lacey :) YAH! :) I'm tired, can you tell?

Anonymous said...

I was a hero last month. We couldn't find Tyler's puppy dog anywhere, and he can't fall asleep without it. But then, ta da! I found it hidden in a cupboard in the kitchen.

That's the best I got.