Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Crazy week, and it's only half over

EDIT-Looking for the SJVC infozone portal to access email and such?  Go to http://infozone.sjvc.edu.  Make sure to put ed/ before your user name.  So, if your name is John Smith and you were born on July 4th, 1980, your user name is smjo(your student ID number), and your password is js198007 

And returning to my blog.....

I started school this week.

Finally.

It's going well enough I guess, but it's certainly keeping me busy. Monday and Wed I'm in class from 10-2:40, with a 20 min break in between, Tuesday I go in at 7:15 and don't get out until 2:40, this time with 2 30 min breaks, and Thursday I get to sleep in, I only have one class from 12:30-2:40. All that isn't terrible. I mean, yeah, that's a lot of time spent in class, but that's alright, I've had worse. The problem is the homework. The first night I spent 3 hours on homework, the second (Tues) I could only work for 2 hours cuz I also had to go to work, and by the time I got home at 9 I was exhausted from being up since 6 am so I wasn't able to do as much. Tonight I've been doing homework for an hour or so, but I needed to take a break. :) Yay for breaks! Luckily most of the homework I was assigned today isn't due until Monday, so that's good. Of course, since I have so many days to do it they gave us more to do, so yeah.

I got 100% on my first quiz though! yay....

ugh.

I feel bad cuz I meant to call Carina on her birthday, but by the time I had time to call it was like 11 and I was tired and knew I had to get up early.

Also, I don't get why schools must make everything difficult. Remember how I was complaining about having to use my school email? Wait... did I complain about that? I think I did...

anyway.

So stupid school email. Fine, whatever, I'll try to check it every so often. So I go to check it today. Hmm.... where is the link to my email? It is not (as you may have believed) on the SJVC website. It is also not to be found by searching for "SJVC student email" or anything likewise easy. Somehow Matthew stumbled across a help page somewhere and I happened to see it and see that it said "infozone" and then remembered that that's what the address was at school (I remembered it had info in it, but not the zone part) and was finally able to get to it. All in all, it took me about 30 mins to login to my email account, only to see that the email that my teacher had told us was there and was very important to read was just a notice that another teacher had lost a wedding ring, which I already knew cuz I was there when she lost it. Well, I mean I was there when she realized she lost it. Obviously we don't know where she was when she lost it or it wouldn't be lost.

My point is, the people who are in charge of this kind of thing should all be fired. Every single one of them. Because I have problems like this EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to access a school or work website. It's irritating. Infuriating. And someone needs to lose their job over it.

Other than that though, I like my classes! I have Medical Terminology (super easy since I already took it), Intro to Surgical Tech, Intro to Surgical Procedures, and my lab class. The lab and surgical procedures are the best. I learned how to put on a table cloth (ok, a "back table cover") and how to open towels without touching the outside of the package, and then I got to throw them on the table, which is always fun, and we learned about Metzenbaum scissors and Mayo stands and a whole bunch of stuff. Good times.

But now, alas, I must do more homework.

Bye!

4 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

GOOD FOR YOU. LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you Susie. Muna

jennifer newkirk said...

good grief, how many people goggle "polymer clay elf heads?!? and from all over the world. too bad none of them comment...

Susannah said...

I know seriously! I even put on my more popular entries that anyone who visits it should leave a comment! But none of them have. :(