Friday, October 17, 2008

Polymer clay elf heads!

Looky what I did!!

This was my first attempt-

Ok, ignoring the creepy tin foil eyes, I think I did pretty good. I mean, come on, it was my very first try ever!! Matthew thinks it looks like a guy from World of Warcraft.

But then, I tried again!


Way better, right? This time I found some red beads for the eyes, which work better, but even without that, way better! It actually looks like a person, not a misshapen lump of clay!

Lets see what they look like next to each other!


So yes, that is what I did last night. See, me and Matthew went to Chili's, but they had a long wait, so we killed some time by going to Aaron's Brothers and I bought some cheapo polymer clay (even if I wanted to, which I don't, cuz these are just practice, I can't bake these or harden them in any way) and some tools cuz they were all half off, so it was only $4 and then when we got home I made those! I know, they're far from perfect, and really, they're not very good anyway, but it was the first time I ever tried something like that and they turned out better than I expected. They also took like an hour and a half each. So now I need to go buy some wire so I can make bodies! Yay!

6 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Your little elf heads are kinda creepy, and nothing like the little hidden people we *saw* in Iceland...but I love that you are doing something fun! and creative!

CarGate said...

Definitely creative! Kudos on the credit score, I'm totally jealous and ashamed mine isn't as high!

Susannah said...

Yeah, they are kinda creepy. The fact that they're black doesn't help. But that's not the point!! The point is that this is the only semi artistic thing that I've ever successfully done, ever! do you have any idea how hard it is to make eyelids out of clay around a seed bead? Or to smooth and blend in the clay when you add new pieces without smushing everything? I wanted to make a mini elf head and I totally did! I'm proud dammit.

Anonymous said...

VERY, VERY GOOD. I MEAN THEY ARE REALLY GOOD. MUNA

Triss Teh said...

and yeah, magical and all,,,commented on your first post, so magical

ReneeBuchananArt said...

You did a great job! I kind of like the creepy effect of the foil eyes peeking through!

Renee :)