Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm giving up on Sonic.

I like Sonic. At least, I used to. But the last several times I've been there I've been very disappointed. The Cherry Limeade's are good, but that's about it. Tonight was the last straw. Here's how it went-
"Hi, welcome to Sonic, can I take your order?"
Matthew- "Yeah, we'll get a number 6 (for me, it's a Chicken Toaster Club, normally comes with fried chicken) with grilled chicken..."
*pause*
"Ok what else can I get?"
"Um... that was with a Cherry Limeade, and can I also get a large number 8 with tater tots and Cherry Limeade"
"What was that?"
"A number 6 with grilled chicken and a Cherry Limeade, and a large number 8 with tater tots and a Cherry Limeade."
"Ok, *she repeats all that* Your total is $13.15"

We wait a few minutes and it comes out.
"Alright, I've got a number 6 and a number 8, that'll be $13.60"

Oh, ok, maybe we heard the total wrong? I mean, it's possible that we both heard the same wrong number, right? So while Matthew is paying I look in the bag.

uh, wait, no, this isn't right. It's a number 5 (a grilled chicken sandwich), fries and Matthew's chicken wrap, but no tater tots.

When she brings us ketchup we tell her that it's the wrong sandwich and that we didn't get the tater tots. She apologizes, repeats back what we need, and goes to get it. Meanwhile, I'm eating my fries, which were rubbery, had no salt, and obviously were made in old oil, and a guy comes out- "Here ya go" throws a bag of food at us, and walks away before we can even open the bag. My sandwich is right, but there's no tater tots.

So we push the button and tell them that we still don't have the tater tots.

The first girl comes back out looking very embaressed and apologizes and asks if there's anything else we need. We don't, we've got out food so we're ok. (At this point I wasn't even going to bother complaining about the crappy fries)

We finish and order dessert. A banana split with nuts and a chocolate cream pie shake. The girl never asks what size, just gives us a total. It comes out, and there's no nuts on my banana split.

So! Let's recap. When ordering the girl never asked what we'd like to drink with our combos (strike one), it came out with the wrong sandwich, even though the correct one was repeated back to us (strike 2), it took asking for the tater tots TWICE after they'd forgotten them (strikes 3 and 4), she never asked what size shake we wanted (strike 5) and my banana split didn't have nuts on it (strike 6). Oh, and the fries were bad (strike 7).

I mean, seriously, how many ways can you fuck up an order at a fast food place? If I messed up this much at my work we would have comped the food, offered the dessert for free, and probably given them a gift card. And the manager would have come out personally to apologize.

Sadly, there's no way to send in an online complaint, the only way is to call the toll free number from their website, which I'm too lazy to do.

grrs!!

Did I mention that this cost us over $20? GRRS!!

2 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Hey, I think that bad french fries counts for at least 3 strikes against, so we're up to 10 strikes now...

RN said...

bummer of a story... I must admit when I saw the title I thought you had given up on Sonic the Hedgehog and said OOOHH NOOOOOOOOO! NOT SONIC!