Friday, October 24, 2008

My back still hurts dammit

So I had my orientation at SJVC today. (Completely unrelated side note, but I really think I need to come up with a new way to start my posts. They all seem to start with "So I... " which must get tiring to read. Anyway.) It went pretty well I guess. They do that really obnoxious thing where they communicate to the students a lot via email, but will only email your school address. Does that annoy anyone else? I don't want to have to check a separate email address every day so I can find out that I have a quiz the next day or (as was the case for one student who didn't check her email) I'm having a ceremony to honor me because I'm so wonderful, but apparently I'm not good enough to call (I guess they told her through email that it was coming up, but she never checked it, so she never showed up). I've had a few teachers throughout the years who have actually asked me for my email that I use and then used that one to create their mailing list, and that worked way better. People actually got their emails that way.

It's just stupid. And annoying.

Whatever.

We got 80 million books. So many, in fact, that they didnt fit in the giant wheelie "back packs" that they gave us. Granted, included in there was a dictionary, a medical dictionary, a theasurous, a pocket guide to a book that they also gave us the big version of, and 3 books that we wont need for the next 30 weeks, but still. Just looking at them made my back hurt. Luckily I decided to drive, because otherwise I would've had to walk home, get my car, and drive back. They're still all sitting in my car because it took lying down for 3 hours for my back to stop hurting after carrying them to my car from the school, and I don't feel like doing that again. I think I'll make Matthew carry them in.

I also bought some books from Border's today. I think I'm going to return one of them though. It covers all the same stuff as the other one, only in a more ... umm... less advanced way, so I figure I'll just stick with the other one. I mean, the stuff in there is cute, but I'm not necessarily looking for how to do cute, and I think I can figure out how to roll a ball, stick two black pins in it for eyes, and then draw a half circle for a smile without having to spend $23 on a book telling me how to do that. The other one though, looks really amazingly helpful. It shows exactly what to do to make every part of the body (well, every PG 13 part), even including different how to make different races and ages and all that, which is kinda tricky, and good to know. Of course, it also makes it look super easy, which I doubt it is, but that's ok. It'll be fun to play with.

Hey look! Someone from Cookeville came to my blog! I used to live there! nifty.

I guess that's about it. Hmm... I think I should probably feed my snake. I'm gonna go do that now, yippie!

1 comment:

jennifer newkirk said...

and someone from edinburgh. I've been there!!