Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bad backs, fairy hands, and Brita water filters

I feel bad, I was supposed to babysit Alex tonight, but my back has been killing me. I've tried taking IB Profen (thank God I'm not allergic), aspirin, and even codiene, but nothing has helped. Well, laying down perfectly still works, but the moment I sit up or move it starts hurting again. Needless to say, even thinking about picking up a toddler hurts, so I called and canceled. Luckily she found someone else. It's annoying. If it doesn't feel better soon I'm going to have work pay for me to go to the doctor. I'm just assuming that it's work related.

Tomorrow I have orientation at SJVC at 8:30. I have to show up all dressed in scrubs and whatnot. I was always planning on walking, but with my back I really don't know if that's the best idea. At 8:30 it should be nice and cool too. I dunno. We'll just have to see how it goes.

I ordered some sculpting books at Borders. I'm not sure that I'm going to buy them, but I want to at least look them over.

I finally convinced Matthew to try using a water filter instead of buying so much bottles. I don't know that he'll use it much, but I am. I got the pitcher kind cuz those seem to taste better. I set it up yesterday and have already had to refil it three times. :) Yay for drinking lots of water and saving the environment from wasteful plastic bottles and whatever!

2 comments:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Don't worry about Alex. He went to Kelli's helped her clean all night. :) He did go to sleep at 10 pm but will be fine. In fact, possibly give me more time to work. I hope your back feels better.

I love scrubs. I think they have pretty good prices over at the T-shirt Outlet on White ln. by FoodMax.

We love our water filter. I have a hard time with the plastic bottle thing too.. Shame on Matthew. I'm glad he's considering changing his evil ways. :)

Good luck getting to school okay.

jennifer newkirk said...

and...you won't have to make as many trips to the trash dumpster...win, win situation!