Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lots of homework, not a lot of free time, and cold, hard cash

I figured out that I'm actually at school between 18 and 19 hours a week. Not terribly bad. And then I have at least an hour of homework every night, sometimes more, so we'll say that's like 27 hours a week doing school related stuff. Then of course, there's the 25 hours I work, and since I usually get there 20 mins early and hang out for a bit afterwards that goes up to 28 hours a week at work. So now we're at 55 hours a week where my time is not my own. I know, that's not really even all that much, but see, a few months ago, I didn't have ANYTHING going on. The whole getting up at 6 to go to school until 2:30 and then rushing home and going to work where I close so I'm there until 11 and then trying to get some homework done before I have to go to school again thing is just not fun.

I don't know how people do this with kids.

sheesh.

I think I'm just too much of a wimp.

Anyway.

So aside from how busy I've felt, school is going well. I like almost everyone in my class. It's not difficult yet, but it's a lot of memorizing stuff that I never thought I'd need to know. I also discovered that I suck at opening sterile "pill pouches." Of the 8 or so that I opened I only managed to get 3 on the table, and I didn't do a very good job on those three, but that's ok. I'll have the next 15 months to practice. :) We have daily quizzes in all my classes and I've done well on all of those, which isn't saying much, cuz like I said, it's not hard yet, although some people for some reason aren't doing so well. I think it's just cuz they're not used to actually having to study. It's amazing, the same people who complain that the flash cards are useless and not at all helpful so they wont do them are the same who aren't doing well on the quizzes (we correct each other's papers, so we all kinda know how everyone else is doing).

Work is going pretty well too. It seems to be picking up a little, which is nice. I haven't walked with less than $50 in awhile, and I did manage to save $500 this month, so yay!

Umm... let's see..... I haven't really been playing with clay too much. Which is too bad.

Matthew is doing well. He's getting a business license for computer repairs so he can fix the computers at work and get paid by Hilton (this was something his managers insisted he do) so that's cool, cuz they'll pay him a lot. He's also done a lot of work for people we know lately and has made some pretty decent money, so yay!

All in all, life is going pretty well I suppose. I wasn't the least bit surprised by the election results, although I do wish Prop 8 hadn't passed. I know there are those who were for it, but I'm not. It is really nice to be able to drive through the Stockdale/New Stine intersection with a gazillion people waving signs.

And with that I must be off. Class in 30 mins. :)

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I'm glad you like school and good for Matthew too.. :)