Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mushrooms are grand fun!

There's a mushroom growing in my pulchra tank! lookie!


It's growing against the glass in the corner, so the only way for me to take a pic is through the glass, which doesn't make for a great pic, but that's ok. The fun thing is that while I was taking that pic the female frog hopped out from her hiding space. And why is that fun? Well, you may remember that the pulchras are the ones who've been bugging me with their constant calling. And this female is FAT! Like, HUGE! GINORMOUS!!! So in another day or so she'll be all skinny again and there'll be some eggs in the tank. Unfortunately, the first pics I took I apparently didn't have the CF card in my camera (so it didn't save them) and the second ones the flash was blocked by the tank lid. The really tricky thing though is that there's only like 2 places in that tank that I can get to, so if she lays them anywhere else (which she probably will because the spots that I can get to aren't exactly prime laying spots) so I might have to tear apart the the tank a little.

I am really pissed that I managed to screw up the pics so much. grrs.

I'd take some more, but I've already bugged her enough.

Hm, so let's see. Mom and I went shopping yesterday. It was fun. :) I got a new purse, and some nice grown up clothes, which is always good. lol

and... umm.... school is school. Lab is always fun though. Except that today after I scrubbed I had to wait forever before I could put on my gown and gloves, which meant that for about 15 minutes I was standing holding my arms and hands up, which is harder than it sounds.

And I didn't sleep at all the night before, and then last night Matthew was playing on the computer and keeping me up. Getting up this morning at 6 was very difficult.

That's pretty much it. We're starting to get a bit busier at work, so that's good. I'm making a bit more money. I want to go to Portugal, and for that I'll need money. I'll also need to talk school into letting me take my finals at least a week early. I asked the program director about it today, but she wasn't sure. She said that she's never had someone ask to take it that early (a week is a lot in an accelerated program) and that I'd need to talk to the dean, but that's it's definetly good that I'm doing this early, so maybe. I figure after we talk about it on Thanksgiving and I have definitive dates I'll make an appointment with the dean. If he says no then I wont get to go. :( I really want to go! Although, I must admit I don't have a huge interest in Portugal itself, I just want to get out of Bakersfield. Out of CA. Out of the US! That could be that I don't know much about it though.

anyway.

I'm eating ginger snaps.

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yeah for ginger snaps, mushrooms, fat frogs, eggs, shopping and traveling. :)

There is a feature in your camera that you can set to not allow you to take a pic unless the card is in.. Very handy at portrait sessions or weddings in keeping you from looking like a complete ass. :)

Have a good day. I'll be at Surroundings ALL day. :( Hopefully with the going out of biz sale, it will be busy..