Wednesday, November 12, 2008

no furry tail for Cassie

So I'm kinda worried about Cassie. In the last couple of weeks I've noticed her tail didn't seem to be as poofy as it was. I've pointed it out to Matthew, but he never really paid attention, until I finally made him look today, and he was surprised. You know how she used to have a super thick, poofy tail? Not anymore. Now the fur is very thin. It's weird, she's not losing fur anywhere else, and the skin on her tail isn't at all irritated, it's just not there anymore. I tried to look it up online, but didn't really find anything. Everything that I found were all skin problems, so the skin would be red, or have a rash, or be dry or something, and it's not! Her skin looks fine! She just doesn't have much fur! There's not even a real bald spot. So I dunno. I'll keep an eye on it, but if it doesn't get better soon (although, how would it, if I'm not doing anything about it?) I'll take her to the vet. Stupid expensive vet. He's gonna yell at us for not being on top of their vaccinations (none of them have gotten any in over a year), and not giving them any flea medication (which we stopped because the kind he said we needed (and we agreed) is only available by prescription, and with 4 cats that's a couple hundred dollars every 3 months). I don't wanna feel guilty dammit!

gah!

So if anyone knows why a cats fur would suddenly be thinning, please let me know.

Thank you.

And, of course, I still need that tank.

At least my frogs are happy. I actually saw two of them (two species I mean, the pulchras and the expectatas, so 4 frogs total) in amplexus today, which was kinda cool. They're being so noisy that we can hear them from outside, but they're only calling during the day, so it's ok. I mean, our neighbors used to have a bird that wouldn't shut up at any time of the day/night. A little light frog calling during the day is way better.

Anyway.

I have to go to school on Friday cuz our lab was supposed to be on Tuesday, but we didn't have school that day, so that kinda sucks.

Stupid fake holidays.

Matthew took me to Mama Toscas last night. It was very nice. :) Certainly not something to do every day, or week, or even month, but nice as an occasional treat. I got a nice glass of wine, Matthew actually liked the pork chops, it was nice. And yummy. I got some chicken covered with Swiss cheese and pancietta (and yeah, I know that's spelled wrong, but whatever, I don't know Italian). We even got all dressed up. Matthew looked very nice in his black pants, black shirt, and silver tie. He took a couple pics on his cell phone, but he hasn't sent them to me yet, so I can't put them up. I think I need to make him do that....

In fact, I might have to go bug him about it now!

1 comment:

Brown Eyed Girl said...

It's nice to go on a date every once in a while. Glad you had a nice time.

Did you get my message about Sunday?

Maybe she has some ring worm or a fungus? I hope you find out what it is before it spreads to you guys..

good luck. Lacey