Friday, April 11, 2008

YAY!!!!

Yay!!! The most exciting thing happened today! (no, I don't have a job. while that would be very good, i don't think "exciting" is the right word to use) I was checking up on all my frog tanks, misting them down because, as you have read, I'm putting them through a rainy season to induce breeding, and it worked!! There's a nice big clutch of eggs in my blushing's tank!! They even look fertile! So I went to Petsmart to buy some stuff to set up a tadpole rearing container, and then Lacey came to Petsmart too so that was fun. I probably wont get any actual frogs out of this, because mantellas are very tricky, but still. I guess having a 50% mortality rate when they're tadpoles is completely normal, and because this is their first clutch there's probably going to be a very high rate of SLS (spindly leg syndrome, where the front legs are underdeveloped and weak, or not developed at all, sometimes a frog with this will live for awhile, but then slowly starve to death because it can't get food, so it's best to euthanize and SLS tadpoles/frogs), which is too bad, because I'll be very sad to have to kill my poor little babies, but still. It will be a great learning experience for all, and it's very cool knowing that I at least know enough to be able to get my frogs to breed. And hey, if I can manage to get some frogs out of this I can sell them for about $35 each. And contrary to what Matthew says, yes, I will be able to sell them because other people want these frogs too, not just me.

Ahem.

So yeah, that's what I did today. Well, that and study. And go to Walmart with Matthew. It's very sad. I've decided that I just don't have enough money to keep buying the kitties Eukanuba, so we bought them cheap food today. It was like $15 less, and that adds up! But then Matthew felt bad so he bought a box of canned food and I gave them some today. Our kitties are too picky. They wont eat the fish one, and I know they don't like anything with lamb in it either. Silly kitties.

So what's up with you guys?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that Abby getting a job gets lowercase letters and very few exclamation points, but this entry gets all capital letters and FOUR exclamation points. But it says the same thing. Excitement.

I love you.

jennifer newkirk said...

We pictures, get out your camera!!!