Thursday, April 3, 2008

Matthew is silly

So I went and applied for a few more jobs today. Matthew had to work earlier than usual because there's some people gone (on vacation/fired), and he was feeling sick so he came home way earlier than usual. When he got home and I wasn't here he was all worried that I was sick too and in the hospital, or, oh no! What if I went to check the mail and got kidnapped??? So he called me and I hit ignore because I was filling out an application at Macaroni Grill and then he got really worried. I guess he went to go see if my car was there and when he saw that it wasn't he felt a little better, but was still all worried so when I called him he was like "where are you????" It was cute.

But I still don't have a job.

I might have sold a car though!! As I was pulling up one of the people in a spot near ours came over and asked if the Acura is for sale. I told him it was and got his number so Matthew can call him. It's not running, but still. If he wants to use it for racing or something (the only reason I can think of to buy an old Acura when you have a new Honda already) then he'd pretty much be replacing everything anyway, so maybe that wont be a huge deal. I know Matthew doesn't really want to sell it, because when it does run it's really fun to drive, but we don't need 3 cars right now, especially since they don't work particularly well.

I ran into some people from Olive Garden who were also applying for jobs, which was kinda funny. I guess another server who I'm friends with's dad is a manager at Chili's, so they told me to make sure to put her as a reference, which I should do anyway cuz she loved me. They were done with interviews for the day though, so I'll have to go back on Monday. But I'm hopeful. They were really nice at Macaroni Grill and actually hiring, and since I now have a great reference for Chili's I should get one of them, right???

meh.

1 comment:

jennifer newkirk said...

I am so bummed that you didn't get the job at CALM. I am sure that it was just your lack of actual paid animal experience that lowered your score, because I am sure they would hire you if they knew how talented and smart and committed you are!!!And I am not just saying that because I am your mother...love you, mom


and just so you know, I had to type secret letters to leave this comment...