Tuesday, April 29, 2008

discover the power in YOU!

So I met with SJVC (and on a completely unrelated note I need to stop starting all my sentences with "so," I'm sure it's very annoying, my apologies everyone) today to talk about surgical tech. Last time I talked to them I wouldn't be getting hardly any financial aid, so that's why I didn't go then, but this time I would. I'd still have to pay about $5,000 out of pocket, but that would be in 36 monthly payments of like $180, which is doable. I'm still not quite sure that that's what I want to do, but the program doesn't start until October, so I'd have plenty of time to think about it. We'll see. Next "year" (the year is about 8 months) I'd get a lot more aid because I made a lot less in 2008 than in 2007, because, well, as we all know, I am unemployed.

Hopefully not for too long though! I had an interview at Woody's and the guy seemed to really like me. When I left he told me that I'd hear from him in 3-5 days, um, I mean, you know, if the other managers agree that you'd be right for this place. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that.

I also am scheduled to go the EMT academy orientation at Hall again. This time I won't forget my driving record. *bangs head on desk* That was like, one of the stupidest mistakes I've made. ugh.

Bakersfield is too small. The woman I talked to at SJVC is the mother of 2 guys who I worked with at OG, and one of them has a girlfriend who works at Woody's. Good times.

I think I'm gonna go look at my tadpoles some more.

It's Abby! And Aiden!

1 comment:

jennifer newkirk said...

I don't remember ever seeing that picture, it is so cute. You sure have been on a lot of interviews, I can't BELIEVE that you don't have a job yet. The exact right thing will come up. Woody's (or don't they spell it Wood'ys? It drives me crazy...) would be fun...we like barbeque...