Sunday, February 8, 2009

Surfer's Paradise, Cute Koalas and expensive breakfast

Hi! I'm in Australia. I know you're all insanely jealous. I'd put up lots of pics to show off to you, but well, I'm lazy, and I haven't been able to figure out how to put batteries in Mom's camera (I have hers cuz I forgot mine, oops). You'll have to amuse yourself with the pics on Carina's blog, although the one of me at the beach is a truly bad picture. I look fat. And you can't even see the water. The waves were all huge and crazy. The have different colored flags stuck in the ground every few feet, and you're only allowed to swim in between the yellow and red ones, and only out to about your knees. Try to go in an deeper or swim (you had to keep both feet on the ground at all times) and the two lifegaurds who are watching that 10 foot stretch of beach will come yell at you. Needless to say, it's pretty crowded, but those waves really were crazy, and even in the "safe" part right close to the shore you could feel the rip tide pulling you.

Anyway, where was I?

Ok, so today we got up all early (at 5, cuz last night we laid down to rest for a couple minutes before dinner at 4:30, and then I vaguely remember Carina getting up at 10, and then yeah, I was out) and went to the zoo.

Dude.

I got to pet a freaking koala.

Awesome.

We got to pet lots of kangaroos too. They were super tame. At first I was a little nervous, but I dont think they even noticed us. We didn't get a picture, but there were dozens of them in this little area. The red kangaroos (the ones that Carina put a picture of us petting) were super soft too.

Oh, and I petted a wallaby, but I didn't know that that's what it was, I just thought it was a different kind of kangaroo. The Australians thought that was funny.

Come on, it was the first time I'd ever seen these things!!

blah.

So we went to see the croc show at the zoo. That was funny. We got Carina to stand up and be silly in an attempt to get birds to land on her arms. And then she got a free picture of Terri Irwin feeding a crocodile.

Umm.... yes. So it's really pretty here. The pictures Carina took of our view are very nice, but still. You kinda have to be here.

Anywho. I think that's about it for now. More to come later!

I got to pet a KOALA!!!!

3 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

What about the breakfast? Do you guys have jet lag? Great pictures, thanks for keeping us updated...It is snowing here.

jennifer newkirk said...

For the battery, you have to kind of slide the little battery door open. Once you get he hang of it it is easy. Maybe you should find a cute Aussie to help you...

The Loss Adjuster said...

I am indeed insanely jealous! Australia is awesome! I'm glad you guys are having a blast, though. :)