Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bats, lungfish and a lot of art

Hi everybody! I'm in Cairns (pronounces "cans" not "cairns" as one might expect). It's quite lovely. I mean, it's a rain forest resort town on the pacific coast right next to the Great Barrier Reef. Obviously it's lovely. And humid. And a little hot. And there are a gazillion bats swarming around. They're huge too! Like 2 foot wingspan! Ok, so maybe that's not huge in the strictest sense of the word, but they are bigger than most bats I've seen. They're sure fun to watch too. :)

I have a rash covering my entire left arm, half my right arm, and parts of my legs. I'm thinking maybe it's from sunblock? It's itchy and annoying. And ugly. It looks like I'm covered in zits. And if I accidently touch them they hurt. Not cool. Luckily I have a mommy who loves me and cares for me and made sure that Carina brought a nice supply of meds, including benedryl cream, which I have been liberally applying to all itchy areas. It's helped stop the itching, although the rash is still there.

Oh, apparently we have to go to dinner RIGHT NOW cuz we're falling asleep and we didnt realize how late it is. I didn't anyway.

I'll try to post more later since I still have a lot to say.

I mean, I didnt even have time to talk about all the lungfish we saw!

:)

No comments: