Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mysterious Strangers, a silver bag, and an angry blonde woman

So I have an interesting story.

Last night I was chatting with Will about our trip and all was lovely and whatnot and after awhile I got sleepy. I'm not quite on CA time, but I'm not quite on Queensland time either. So I went to bed at 9:39.

I get all comfy in bed and was about to fall asleep, I'm sorta in that half asleep/half awake everything is nice stage when I look up and see someone on the balcony. Since we're on the 30th floor I was like "Hey Carina, what are you doing on the balcony?"

silence.

"Hi Carina!"

silence.

I look a little closer and see that this person is A. way taller than Carina, B. way skinnier, C. male, and more to the point, Carina is still asleep in bed.

"Ok.... Umm.... Hi?"

So this guy walks in. He asks if he can pass through.

"Sure go ahead" I mean, what else am I supposed to say to this strange man in my room who just walked in from the balcony on the 30th floor.

He mumbled something about his girlfriend kicking him out, and walked out. I told him to have a good night cuz I'm just nice like that.

So Carina wakes up and was like "Was there someone in the room?" "Yeah, some guy just came in, it's ok though." and I get up and close and lock to balcony door, and lock the regular door as well.

So then this morning.

I go outside and find a silver bag full of lingerie stashed behind a chair. Interesting. I take a quick shower and me and Carina go downstairs to turn it in and tell the front desk what happened. I told the girl who was there and she was just like "Oh my God. Ok... Lemme go get my manager...."

So he comes out, sees the bag and was like "Ok, so what happened? I've been looking for that bag all night." I tell him the story and then request a room change. Sadly, they had no more regular rooms available, so instead we got stuck with a suite with a huge bathroom, a spa, and a view of the ocean. So very sad. (see Carina's blog for pictures, which she'll put up later)

Right now I'm waiting for security to come up and take my statement and my limited description of the guy(it was dark after all).

Except that they're not here yet and we've been waiting for like an hour and I wanna go to the beach, so I might just leave.

We'll see.

In other news though, it is a beautiful day, the ocean looks way calmer so I might actually able to swim, and I have discovered that I drink what is called a "flat white" coffee. We just refer to it as a lattee, but they have crazy names for coffee here. Also, when getting a regular coffee at, say, the breakfast buffet of your hotel (for $20 a person, eek) make sure to only fill up the cup halfway to leave lots of room for milk or water (if you put water in it then it's a long black) cuz it is insanely strong. Also, they apparently love stewed tomatoes here and serve them with every meal, which is awesome cuz they are the yumminess. I didn't go for the canned beans for breakfast though, that just seemed weird. And waffles are made with cake mix, so don't worry about putting syrup on them.

Yes.

So that was my morning, how was yours?

No comments: