Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ribbit

You know none of my frogs actually say "ribbit," most of them chirp, they sound more like crickets or birds than frogs. In fact, once there was a loose cricket in the frog room, and the frogs heard it and all started calling. Silly frogs. Well, ok, so the mantella expectatas (yellow body, blue legs) started calling, and then the blushings started calling, and then the pulchras, and then the leucs, but yeah.

Anyway.

So Morro Bay was fun! Matthew brother is a cool guy and an amazingly good cook, so I ate very well. We had prime rib the first night and stayed for ribs the second night, which meant that we didn't get home until almost midnight. Then poor Matthew had to get up at 5 to go to work the next day. Pobrecito!! :) But yeah. And Matthew's brother's (Anthony is his name by the way) wife, Ashley, is super cool. I like her a lot. Most of the time I was there I was playing card games with Matthew's brother in laws (Rachel's husband Steve, and Jennifer's husband Andrew (isn't it funny that we both have a Rachel and Jennifer in our family?(You know..... if me and Matthew were to get married... I'd have to sister in laws named Rachel!(it's a good thing Matthew doesn't read this...)))

Anyway.

Anthony made Matthew make me what turned out to be the best sandwich I've ever had. He sauted leftover prime rib with the leftover zuccini (apparently Anthony thought it was weird to put the veggies in it, but Matthew knows me and told him that I like my food all mixed together, lol) with swiss cheese that he melted in the pan he used to saute everything in.... Oh man, that thing was amazing. I even had some horseradish to dip it in. mmmmm.....

That's weird, Google doesn't think that saute is a word. I know it's not an English word, but it's one that we use often enough, besides, there's no other word for it! sheesh.

Last night Anthony and Ashely came into Bakersfield so they could see his mom (she would kill them if they came to CA and didn't visit her) and they took us out to Tahoe Joe's. I was kinda pissed cuz right after one of the managers told me that they weren't hiring, they hired another girl from OG, Niki. I love Niki, mind you, she was one of my favorite people there, but still! So I think I'm going to apply there anyway, even though the one told me not to. Lame.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna try to get in touch with Darden about my W2.

Oh! And it's so fun how before I went to Morro bay I'd only had one other person read this, and then when I came back it'd been added to Mom's list, so everyone read it! yay! How fun!

No comments: