Saturday, March 8, 2008

Morro Bay, yay...

So in about an hour I'm leaving with Matthew to go to Morro Bay. His brother decided last time he was here that he didn't feel like coming to Bakersfield anymore, so the next time he's visiting CA he's going to go somewhere he wants, and we can all go see him. So he's in Morro Bay. I just realized that all my cute clothes (clothes that actually fit me) are dirty, so I'm trying to do a quick load. That can be tricky in these apartments though as half the dryers don't really work too well, so sometimes it takes at least an hour to dry. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

So yeah, I'm kinda nervous. I've only ever really met his brother once, and that was for a wedding, so everyone was a little distracted, and then when just the 4 of us (me, Matthew, his brother, his brother's wife) hung out for a bit, we were all a bit tipsy. Well, except Matthew of course. But yeah. Matthew didn't even ask me if I wanted to come until last night. Actually even then, I had to bring it up. I think it just didn't occur to him. So then he had to think about it. Me being there might make it a little more stressful for him, since, well, everything is stressful to him, but he did eventually decide that he wants me to come, and that he's going to try to get off work early today. It's fitting that the first Sat he's worked in months has been when his brother is here.

I still haven't managed to get a copy of my W2. It's really pissing me off. That's kinda an important document, and well, like I said, I really need a refund. My test for the CALM job is coming up soon though!! yay!!

Yesterday I remembered (for some random reason) that I probably have cd's in my cd player, which I haven't even plugged in since we moved here over a year ago. So I plugged it in and found 3 cds and put them on my computer. I'm listening to Finch now, which is really bringing back memories. The last time I listened to this cd regularly was when I got it, in TN. It's so weird, I hear this song and I can taste the humid, Southern air and feel the gravel under my tires as I pull into Russell's driveway.... TN really didn't work out well for me, but there were good parts to it. I know Matthew doesn't like it that I still occasionally talk to Russell. The thing is though, we made good friends. We were not good together as boyfriend and girlfriend, but he was a good friend, and I miss that. I remember going to a blues concert with him in some little tiny smoky bar and hearing him do his hardcore blues singing. :) That was fun.

*sigh*

I do want to go back. I think it would be good for Matthew too, not only to go back and face his least favorite place on the planet, but also to see John Paul. I know he really misses him, and it'd be good for him to be around one of his best friends.

Besides, I really like driving long distances! :)

2 comments:

RN said...

Since you are on the subject of venturing out would you and Matt like to come to our house for Easter. Let me know and have fun in Morro Bay... I am jealous.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

How was the trip? Are you home yet? Want to do something this week? Chris is gone... :( He'll be in the entire state of Alabama.