Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Staphylococcus aureus, lame excuses, and not nearly enough sleep

I find it entertaining that despite the fact that I am totally busy these days and always stressed and exhausted I still find time to blog.

I think my priorities are a little messed up.

Anyway.

So Matthew was supposed to come by the apartment today to help me clean cuz we have to be out by Thursday, but then he said that he actually was working until 7, not 3 like he normally does, and then low and behold, he calls me at 6 to tell me that he wont be able to make it all cuz he has a headache.

Whatever.

So I cleaned a little bit, made several trips to the dumpster, and then came home cuz I have a presentation to do tomorrow for Gomez. It should be pretty easy. It's on Staphylococcus aureus, which is really common, so it was really easy to find a TON of info on it. And it's only a 5 minute presentation, so no worries there. I couldn't find my printer though, so I had to draw and stuff for my "visual aid" so hopefully that's ok. I'm not exactly the most artistic, but it's bright and colorful and I think it looks ok. I put a paper on there that says "Fun Facts!" in big letters and then says stuff like "Causes Toxic Shock Syndrome!" and "Has several antiobiotic resitant strains!" and "Can give you food poisoning!"

I mean, come on, does it get any more fun than sudden, possibly life threatening fevers that don't respond to any medication?

:)

So, I go to clean my litter box the other day and it was suspiciously not full. I think Adam cleaned it out while I was in the shower. He threatened to do that while we were all drunk, but the only time he could have was the next morning, when we were sober again (we're responsible people, we decided that we were too drunk to drive so he crashed here and Monje drove home cuz he hadn't drank nearly as much as us). And then I noticed that all the empty beer bottles were lined up on my counter with all the labels facing the same way.

I don't know if that was really nice or kinda creepy... Either way I've decided that I need to invite him over more, I could use all the help I can get to keep this place clean.

Anyway. The last few nights I've been going to bed after midnight and then having to get up at 6, so I really just want to go to sleep now.

Night!

1 comment:

The Loss Adjuster said...

The people you invite over straighten up and clean the litter box? Wow, I'd invite them over constantly. Hell, I'd marry the whole lot just for kicks!