Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FINALLY!!!

Hmm, apparently this is not my first post entitled "FINALLY!!!" Interesting.

Anyway, I have internet, yay!!

And even better than that, I have HOT WATER!!!!

Oh man am I looking forward to taking a nice hot shower. Since the PG&E guy came while I was at school (for the THIRD time) and the Brighthouse guy was supposed to come right after I got out of school I was waiting for him, but then he was late, and now I figured I really needed to write on here, cuz, well, it's been a long time, and I have a lot going on.

So here's the full story for those of you who didn't know. My old apartment flooded and was sucky anyway, and then my boyfriend (of almost 3 years) dumped me so I found myself needing a new place to live. After much procrastination and drama with apartment managers I found a place that looked ok so I applied for it, and was approved about a week after they said they'd let me know. So all excited and happy I start the very long process of moving in. Granted, it could've gone much faster, but I'm lazy, and as mentioned earlier, like to procrastinate. That, and I couldn't get my gas turned on. See, way long ago in the dark ages when this place was built some genius decided that I can't be trusted with a water heater, so to be safe, they put it in my neighbors garage. Really quite considerate of them. I mean, had I had access to my water heater (or less flaky neighbors) I only would've gotten to experience the joy of waiting for the PG&E guy once, instead of three times. I also wouldn't have gotten to get up bright and early every morning in my nice new (to me) apartment and then drive to my shitty, old, dirty apartment to shower. There was one time when I just couldn't be bothered to do that so I just took an ice cold shower, but that gave me a really bad headache, so I'm not doing that anymore. I didn't have hot water in Peru, but since the air outside was so warm the water was much warmer, and it didn't feel nearly as bad anyway. I mean, who wants a hot shower when you've been hiking all day and it's 100 degrees out and so humid you feel like you're drowning?

Anyway. So I finally have hot water, and Brighthouse finally came by to turn on my internet (I made this appointment 3 weeks ago, and this was the soonest they could come) so all is well.

Mostly.

I'm still not completely out of my old apartment, which is kinda tricky cuz Matthew is coming by on Thursday to help me clean it, mwahahaha! Little does he know! He's actually helping me to finish move out! And then clean on Saturday!

He dumped me! I don't have to be nice to him!

meh.

So there's that.

And then, on Sat, Carina tells me that she's going to Australia, yay!! On February 5th! And wants me to come with her!

uh...... welll..... I'd love to Carina, but that's really short notice, there's no way I'll be able to talk school into letting me miss two weeks, in two weeks.

Or.... will I?

So I go and talk to them today, opening with "So my older sister has brain cancer and it's been her lifelong dream to go to Australia and her church just gave her a bunch of money to go and she doesn't want to go by herself..." and of course by that time, who could say no? Granted, I almost couldn't cuz they have a maximum number of days that you can miss in a row before you're automatically dropped (no exceptions), but there's a holiday in there so that means that I'm at the max, instead of over it. I'll also be going to lab two or three times for the next couple of weeks, which kinda sucks cuz I don't like getting up at 6, but it'll be good practice for when I"m working and will be getting up at 4.

Actually, right now, I can't even comprehend getting up at 4am on a regular basis.

That's just too freaking early.

And it's not like I can be lazy and just shower the night before cuz when you're in surgery you really have to be as clean as possible. It's an actual, stated requirement that I shower in the morning.

grrs.

For some reason Mom and Dad are more concerned that work wouldn't let me leave, but I'm a server. It's kinda just understood that I'll be taking a few weeks off all the time. Everyone does. We're all young and well paid, so why wouldn't we take vacations? And since we all want to work as much as possible when we are here getting shifts covered is NEVER a problem.

Umm.... I think that's pretty much it. They let us out of lab early today so we could watch the inauguration, but I didn't. Yes, I know, very exciting, historical moment, and definitely cause for celebration that Bush is gone, but I'm just not one for speeches. They're boring. Even the good ones. So instead I used that time to drink some Monster and then get really hyper, so that when I had to go to anatomy and sit "quietly" for 2 hours I was having trouble, but that could've been cuz Dustin kept poking me. With his nice sharp pencil. It hurt!! Finally I had to move seats (I don't think the teacher even noticed me getting up, much less me laughing and yelling at Dustin for the previous hour and a half) but then I was bored.

It's a conundrum alright. Sit near Dustin and Amanda and be distracted the whole time (although still do very well on the tests cuz I'm just that awesome) or don't and then be bored.

Tricky.

Alright, well, this is a very long entry. And I really want to take my first hot shower in my new apartment that I've been living in for a week and a half, so I'm gonna go.

You all have fun.

1 comment:

The Loss Adjuster said...

I feel stuffed with update. O_O