Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh no! Simon is trying to escape!


Rawr.

I was kinda feeling like shit yesterday (for lots of reasons that I don't feel like going into here) so I ended up going to bed at like 9. Which meant that I woke up feeling all refreshed and awake at 8:30. Since then I have gone to the grocery store, gone to Target, gone to Petsmart, done 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the litter box, made a new fruit fly culture, cleaned out my animal room, took out some trash, took a nice hot shower, and enjoyed some Starbucks (but now I have no more gift cards, it is sad). In about an hour and a half I'm going to class, then off to work.

I feel so accomplished!

So the clinicals are going well, I think... I haven't actually had any feedback yet, which is kinda annoying, but whatever. I feel like I'm doing well. I'm more confident than I was anyway, and I've learned a LOT, which is sorta the whole point. Next week I'm going to start asking my preceptors to stand back and let me do more when that's an option. I'm also already learning what specicialties I like, and which ones I don't. I don't like the laproscopic stuff cuz there's not a whoole lot for me to do, I don't like ENT cuz it's just gross, but ortho and burns are really interesting and tend to keep me busy, which is good. I'm sure by the end I'll have changed my mind at least a dozen more times though. :) Today I should get my assignment for the next 5 weeks. Next week is my last one at SJCH. So we'll see!

In other news... um... Actually that's about it. I did go see Jarvis Cocker at the Wiltern with Michael a couple weeks ago. That was a lot of fun, despite me only vaguely knowing who he is, and not getting home until 1 when I had to get up at 5 the next morning.

2 comments:

Orange said...

Is that a skin in the bottom of the tank?

Susannah said...

lol no, that's just a piece of wood. The skin is white, and he should be shedding in the next day or so, which is too bad for him cuz that means I can't feed him for another week or so.