Saturday, August 15, 2009

This scares me.

So I go to sit down with some hosts while I was on a break.

Moronic Host (MH): "When I was in Florida there was this alligator like right next to where we were practicing our cheers, it so freaked me out that I stayed inside the rest of the week!"

Me: "Aw, alligators aren't gonna hurt you!"

MH: "They could! Haven't you ever seen Lake Placid? Same thing with Jaws! I wont go swimming in the ocean past my knees cuz I dont want to get attacked by a shark!"

Me: "When I was in Australia there was a bunch of poisonous jelly fish everywhere, it was kinda neat"

MH: "Wow, could you actually see them?"

Me: "Yeah, I mean, they're clear, so it can be hard to see them, but they are visible."

MH: "Oh yeah! They glow, right? Like in Finding Nemo!"

Other Host (OH): "No... They sorta look like toilet paper floating in the water."

MH: "Really? Did you touch them?"

Me: "Did I touch the poisonous jellyfish? No."

... Conversation moves on to Hawaii for some reason...

MH: "I would never go to Hawaii, have you seen The Getaway yet? So scary!!"

OH: "I went there when I was a kid, it was boring because my parents just did tour buses and that kind of thing."

MH: "Is there actually a trail in Hawaii?"

OH: "Like, through the mountains? Yeah there's lots...."

Me: "That's sorta like saying is there a trail in the Sierra Nevadas"

MH: "What are the Sierra Nevadas?"

Me: "Seriously? They're the giant mountain chain that runs all through California..."

MH: "Oh, the Rockies!"

Me: "What? No... The Rockies are in Colorado up through Canada..."

MH: "Oh, well I dont know, I'm not good at my atlas!"

OH DEAR GOD!!! This girl is 20 years old and apparently believes everything in horror movies, and doesnt even know what the Sierra Nevadas are? At that point I had to just walk away, cuz there was no way I could still sit with her without saying something mean. But COME ON!!! This is the same girl who asked me "What's a gas? Like, farts?" when I was talking about gas explosions (in particular propane, we were talking about some of my cases at the hospital, in the most general terms obviously). She's nice enough, and she's a good host, but she may be the dumbest person I've ever met. And this includes the dumbasses in my class (like the girl who announced that she doesnt think drugs kill brain cells, cuz all her years of drug use didnt kill any of her cells).

3 comments:

Orange said...

LMAO, as lacey might say. It is a curse being smart.

RN said...

She might be the same girl who thought that Israel was in northern Ca. Just nod and walk away laughing.... and then blog about it. good job

CarGate said...

This is just what I needed today! Thanks for the laughs :)