Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yay, it's Surgical Tech week!

So I walk into the break room at SJCH to get my paper work and change so I can go home and this guy calls my name and is like "Hey, you worked at Copelands, right?" omg! It's been 5 years since I've been there and Mike, who I worked with for a few months actually recognized me. Which was awesome. Unfortunately, I was kinda busy, so I couldnt talk much, but still. Apparently he saw me at Memorial, but wasn't quite sure it was me until he saw my name tag.

Crazy!

So in honor of surgical tech week we had a big competition between our class and the freshman class, and then a huge potluck. I was excited cuz I won a travel mug as a door prize. Woo! I competed in the blindfolded sponge stick competition, but I only got third place, oh well.

Ummm.... oh yeah! I'm on my new computer, yay! I couldn't figure out how to hook it up to the internet, lol. Apparently with Scientific Atlantic modems you have to unplug the modem completely before you plug it in to the new computer. Oddly enough, Matthew is the one who came over and fixed it for me. He randomly emailed me a week or so ago, and we've been sorta talking, and he kept offering to hook it up, so I finally let him. I was a little nervous about it, but it wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be. He seems a lot happier, which is good. I think I'm just gonna get some thumb drives for all my pictures and stuff from my old computer. That seems easiest, and that way I wont have to worry about it if I get another computer.

I guess that's about it for now. Fuzzy is trying to climb onto the keyboard, and it's kinda hard to type.

Bye!

(oh, we took a "quiz" in class today to kill time, and one of the questions the teacher asked was "who's the quietest person in class, and one person actually said me. The teacher was like, "what? trust me, Susannah can talk!" It was funny)

1 comment:

Orange said...

Talked to Becky today about you. She said people at Memorial know about you and it is good. She also put in a good word for you.