Monday, June 15, 2009

Big fires, cold toes, and scary surgeries

Ok so I didn't conquer any rocks. But that's only cuz it was freezing cold. Like, one night I woke up with toes that were completely numb (I couldn't move them at all) and had white splotches on them, despite being in a sleeping bag that's supposedly rated to 20. And it was raining half the time.

But aside from that! It was still a lot of fun and I'm really glad I went. We went fishing for a bit, hiking for a bit, played lots of cards, drank lots of beer, made lots of good fires, it was grand. :) I took like 80 thousand pictures, which I don't normally do, so I'm very proud, so I'll post more when I get those. I think I'm just gonna take them to walgreens and get them all printed and put on a cd cuz I didnt just use my digital camera, I also used an old disposible one. I have no idea if any of those pics will come out, but that's ok. If they do I think there's some of Peru on there.... It'll be a grand surprise. Actually, I think I'm gonna go ahead and drop those off now before class... Then I can pick them up afterwards, and then go to work, and then come home and maybe put some on here.

Oh! I got my hospital assignments! Starting July 13th I'll go to San Jaoquin Community Hospital from monday through wed from 6:30-12. Yay! I'm really excited and terrified all at once. :) I'll be there for 5 weeks, then go somewhere else after that.

Yay!

2 comments:

CarGate said...

awesome update ;)

RN said...

That was the hospital that Sam was born at so beware they have a history of letting just anyone in and out. Glad you had fun camping.