Sunday, September 21, 2008

corndogs, blurry dogs, and gimpy hands

Me and Matthew went to the fair on Friday. We both happened to have the day off, and it was nice out (a little warm in the sun, but the shade was nice) so we figured we'd go ahead and check it out. I was just happy to get out of the apartment. :) We didn't go any rides or anything though, we just walked around and looked at the exhibits. I decided I should enter the photography contest next year. I mean, half the pictures there weren't even in focus. And then there was a couple in the 12 and under category that were obviously taken by an adult. At least, they were set up by an adult. Maybe the kid pushed the button, but that's not exactly difficult.

Anyway.

So yeah, we went to the fair.

umm.... Let's see.... My fingers are doing better. My ring fingernail is a still a little sore and has a small bruise, but it's alright. Work was very understanding, too, which was nice. The managers were going out of their way to make sure I was ok to be working, and the other servers were helping me out a lot. The first night I was working in the "lounge" (the bar area and patio) with another server and he ended up taking most of the tables, and then did most of the sidework for me too. I tried to do more sidework, but he wouldn't let me. So that was nice. :)

Matthew's diet is going well. His stomach has been feeling a little better, and we've both been losing weight, which is nice. Especially cuz I'm still eating cookies and other yummy, high fat foods. We sorta cheated at the fair, but that was ok.

umm..... hmm.... See, this is why I haven't been posting very often. There's just not a lot going on.

Oh, I open next Sat, so I should make it to Chris' party. Yay!! :) Tonight Matthew has to go to his Mom's house for dinner, but I have to work. So sad. lol

I guess that's about it. I'll get back to neopets and Star Trek now.

3 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

but...the important question...did you eat a corn dog? or any other deep fried foods...?

Susannah said...

I had a corn dog (which made me think of you), a bite of tri tip sandwich, fries, and a cinnamon bun. I was going to get a funnel cake, but then I got too full, so I couldn't. :(

Brown Eyed Girl said...

All I want is a Philly sandwich.. Which doesn't look good for this year.. Yeah, you're coming to the party.. We're really getting worried that no one is coming and we are going to spend money we don't have for people who aren't coming.. Ugh!

What diet are you (or Matthew) on?