Sunday, May 4, 2014

Backyard Anoles in Waianae

Just a few anoles from my backyard.
 This guy has the pretty diamond design on his back that I love so much (note, I don't know how to sex them, so they're all going to be referred to as "him/he/his" because clearly I'm sexist.  Or something).



This is a different one who had a darker, speckled design, although you can't really see it in the pic.  I can say with certainty though, male.  At least…  wait…  I'm pretty sure only the boys have the flap. I could be wrong.  Maybe I should research this?

This yellow spotted one was on the grill.  They like it there.  The metal is all warm, but it's in the shade, so there's lots of bugs, and they can jump into the grill itself when something scary comes by (as he did a few seconds after I snapped this shot).



Big guy on the other side of the grill.  He'll be really pretty in a day or so, you can tell by how light his head is that he's shedding.  He was actually about twice as big as the others.

No comments: